Why can't I charge a stored card?
When you add a card to a booking in your Obee account, the card details are securely stored by Pin Payments, and checks are undertaken to ensure the card is valid and verified. However, there is no way to control what happens to a card after its details are stored.
Common reasons why charging a stored card may not work
- The card owner has contacted their bank to report their card as lost, stolen or damaged. In these cases, the card owner is usually issued a replacement card with the same card number, but a different expiry date and security code.
- The card owner has temporarily locked their card using their banking app or online banking
- There are insufficient funds in the bank account linked to the card
- The card has expired
What should I do if I can't charge a stored card?
- "There are not enough funds available to process the requested amount" — if you receive this error message when attempting to charge a stored card we recommend trying to charge the card again a few days later (the card owner may be waiting for incoming funds to clear)
- "The transaction was flagged as possibly fraudulent and subsequently declined" — If you receive this error message when attempting to charge a stored card we recommend contacting Pin Payments directly to investigate further.
- For all other error messages, we first recommend checking the card expiry date in your Obee account. If the date has not passed, we then recommend contacting Pin Payments directly to investigate further.